Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Malena

Malena Rodriquez is my exchange student from Argentina, but more than that she is my sister. In 5 photos I want to illustrate the time we have spent here together in the US.


Multiple times we have walked around the Lacamas Trails. Our second adventure we ended up at this dock at sunset. It was so serene when I caught this photo of Male thinking and looking out over the lake.
 One weekend she spent with me we stayed in Lincoln city. We walked along the beach and enjoyed conversation about everything and nothing. 3 pounds of taffy, the 2 of us enjoyed 1 hour on the beach on an abnormally sunny day. It will be hard to see her go.



 This was Malena's first experience in a boat on the ocean and her first time fishing. The crabs grossed her out but she was a trooper. BUT she really liked how they tasted when she tried crab meat for the first time!!
 We were at the foot of the space needle when I took this photo. I thought it would be a good one to include. She has been so lucky with lack of rain and all the sunshine! I thought she looked really happy in this photo.
And this last weekend we spent together around Seattle. It was both of our first times seeing this iconic view and we were both in awe. It was a terrific weekend around touristy Seattle; The Space Needle, Pikes Market and the Gum Wall.

6 comments:

  1. I love the concept of the photos and it is very much so a story, overall I think the photos where well done but I think the story should have an ending instead of just leaving it in Seattle. The best photo I think was the one where she was looking out on the dock at Lackamas I think it shows a lot of emotion. And my least favorite is the foot of the space needle picture because it doesn't look in focus and also the editing is very harsh on her face. I think it could be improved by having a more cohesive look to them by like having each photo look similar (editing wise)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved these pictures. It was easy to follow the story of your relationship with your friend and the memories you’ve shared. My favorite picture is Malena on the boat, and my least favorite is the picture of her at the foot of the space needle only because it’s a little unfocused. Over all I really enjoyed your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so qt /// pls malena looks so happy its amazin im so glad she likin da PNW my fave photo is the one where shes kinda blurry bc it creates the EMOTION OF JOY like wow im s o happy idec that this is a lil out of focues its the feelin that COUNTS. i dont have a least fave tbh the first one doesnt speak to my soul like the other do but i still enjoy it ya also more of a story wld have been cool but THIS WORKS so overall GOOD JOB KEEP ON TRUCKIN

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures are well taken. Each of them explains very well without words. The footprint in the sand is my most favorite, you rarely see something like this. The picture where your friend on the space needle was a little bit unfocused on the subject. But overall, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had an okay story, the story itself was there, but not super story like, if you get my drift. I like the pictures, and the meaning behind each one and the overarching theme of time spent with Malena. Overall, the pictures were pretty good, but they could maybe have been a little bet better. I really like the first two photos; the first one may have been really noisy, but that noise really added to the effect of Malena thinking in silence. The second picture was just good because of the coolness and meaning behind the picture. I think my least favorite would be the one at the foot of the space needle because of how blurry it is. Other than that, the pictures were good and I really like them. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that your story documents your experience with Malena, that was a cool idea for a story. my favorite photo is the blurry portrait of her. it flows very well together and makes a coherent story. nicely done.

    ReplyDelete